Are you wondering how to remove sliding glass door? There are several reasons why you need to take off a sliding glass door. Often people think it is a difficult job. But removing a sliding glass door is not as difficult as you think.
You can do it on your own if you have some basic knowledge. Stay with us till the end to find out sliding glass doors remove with some easy steps. Follow this simple guide suggested by our expert, and do this without any obstruction.
Step by Step Guide on How to Remove Sliding Glass Door
- Require the tools needed for this work- like a screwdriver & foam sheet.
- Clear your work area properly because you need space to do the work. If needed, remove the furniture also.
- Cover the floor with thick blankets or foam sheets to protect the floor and the door itself as you have to set it down for your work.
- Using a flat-head screwdriver, try to remove the screen door. After removing the screen door, place it away from your work area.
- After that, you need to remove the stationary door. A sliding glass door is way heavier than you think. So, take help from your friend or family to remove the door. Use a flat-head screwdriver and carefully lift the door until it’s free from the tracks. Then lay the door down securely on the foam sheet.
- Then you have to remove the sliding door out of the track and out of the frame. For this reason, use screwdrivers to loosen up the adjustment screw to pull up the rollers. Now you will be able to remove the door from the door frame and the door track. With the help of your friend or family members, lay the door securely on the foam sheet again.
Don’t Pull Out the Sliding Door Forcefully
If you face any trouble while removing the sliding glass door, don’t try to remove this forcefully. Call a professional sliding glass door repair or installer at that time. Experts know how to remove sliding glass door professionally without any cracks & damage.